- 3 cups fresh or canned figs, quartered and drained
- 1 unbaked (9-inch) pastry shell
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- Whipped cream
How to Make It
Place figs in pastry shell. Combine eggs, sugar, flour, butter, lemon juice, and ginger in a medium mixing bowl; beat well. Pour over figs in pastry shell.
Bake at 450° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°, and continue baking 30 minutes. Cool. Serve with whipped cream.