Fig, Onion, and Lemon Haroseth
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 158
- Calories from fat: 43%
- Protein: 2.5g
- Fat: 7.6g
- Saturated fat: 1.1g
- Carbohydrate: 23g
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Sodium: 53mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1 1/2 cups chopped dried Mission figs
- 1 1/4 cups red wine
- 3 cups finely chopped onions
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Juice and finely shredded zest of 1 1/2 Meyer lemons or 1 regular lemon
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1. In a small saucepan, bring figs and wine to a boil, cover, reduce heat, and simmer until tender, about 25 minutes. After cooking, figs should be barely covered with liquid; spoon out excess if necessary.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large frying pan over medium heat, cook onions in olive oil, stirring often, until very soft, 20 minutes.
- 3. Stir fig mixture, pepper, honey, salt, lemon juice, and 1/2 of zest into onions. Let cool.
- 4. Stir in pine nuts just before serving. Garnish with remaining zest.
- Make ahead: Prepare through step 3, adding all of zest; chill airtight up to 1 day.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per 1/4-cup serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This