- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (1/4 lb.) butter or margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 large egg yolk
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 lemon, sliced, ends and seeds discarded
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (1/8 lb.) butter or margarine, in chunks
- 4 to 6 cups ripe figs, rinsed and stems trimmed
- 1 to 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Powdered sugar
- calories 333
- caloriesfromfat 43 %
- protein 4.9 g
- fat 16 g
- satfat 9.4 g
- carbohydrate 44 g
- fiber 2.7 g
- sodium 164 mg
- cholesterol 123 mg
How to Make It
To make crust: In a food processor or a bowl, combine flour, granulated sugar, butter, and lemon peel. Whirl or rub with your fingers until mixture has texture of fine crumbs. Add egg yolk and whirl or stir with a fork until a dough forms. Pat dough into a ball, then press evenly over bottom and up sides of a 10-inch tart pan with removable rim.
Bake crust in a 300° oven until golden, about 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, make filling: In a food processor or blender, whirl eggs, granulated sugar, lemon slices, flour, and butter until lemon is finely chopped.
Pour filling into hot crust. Continue to bake until filling is firm when pan is gently shaken, about 12 minutes. Let tart cool.
Cut figs into thin slices and arrange neatly over tart filling. Sprinkle figs with lemon juice and dust with powdered sugar. Cut tart into wedges.