More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 300
- Calories from fat: 51%
- Protein: 3.6g
- Fat: 17g
- Saturated fat: 6.8g
- Carbohydrate: 37g
- Fiber: 3.3g
- Sodium: 83mg
- Cholesterol: 47mg
- Nut shortbread crusts or crust
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 6 tablespoons whipping cream
- 2/3 cup coarsely chopped hazelnuts
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- About 1 1/3 pounds ripe black-skinned figs
- Vanilla ice cream or sweetened whipped cream (optional)
- 1. Bake nut shortbread crusts (set individual crusts in a 12- by 15-inch pan) in a 350° oven (or a 325° convection oven) until golden at edges, 20 to 25 minutes.
- 2. While crusts bake, make nut sauce. In a bowl, mix honey, whipping cream, hazelnuts, and lemon peel.
- 3. Rinse figs, trim stems, and cut into pieces that are about 1 inch wide. Arrange figs, tips and cut side up, in hot crusts or crust.
- 4. Spoon nut sauce equally over fruit.
- 5. Bake in a 350° oven (or a 325° convection oven) until sauce is bubbling and crust is deep golden, 20 to 24 minutes for individual tarts, 50 to 55 minutes for a large tart.
- 6. Cool in pan or pans on a rack at least 30 minutes. If making ahead, chill airtight up to 1 day. Remove pan rims. Serve with ice cream
- Nut shortbread crusts: In a food processor, mince 1/3 cup hazelnuts with 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour and 1/4 cup sugar. Add 1/2 cup (1/4 lb.) butter or margarine, in chunks, and whirl until fine crumbs form. Add 1 large egg yolk and whirl until dough holds together. (Or mince nuts with a knife, then put in a bowl. Rub in flour, butter, and sugar until fine crumbs form; then, with a fork, mix in yolk. Pat into a ball.) In 6 tart pans (4 1/2 in. wide) with removable rims, or an 11-inch tart pan, press dough evenly over bottom and up sides, flush with rims.
- Nutritional analysis per individual tart.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts