This surprising simple and delicious. It's the first time I've used fresh figs in cooking and they were fabulous. I followed the recipe exactly.
Fig and Goat Cheese Pitas
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 214
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Protein: 7.4g
- Fat: 7.1g
- Saturated fat: 3.5g
- Carbohydrate: 33g
- Fiber: 3.9g
- Sodium: 249mg
- Cholesterol: 9.8mg
- 4 pita breads (7 in. wide)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and halved
- 9 firm-ripe fresh figs (about 12 oz. total; see note above)
- 6 ounces fresh chèvre (goat cheese)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- Salt and cracked black pepper
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Lay pita breads on two 12- by 15-inch baking sheets and bake until lightly golden and slightly crisp at the edges, 6 to 8 minutes.
- 2. While breads are still warm, brush with olive oil and rub generously with the cut sides of the garlic clove.
- 3. Rinse and stem figs. Cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch-thick wedges. Distribute wedges over breads. Crumble goat cheese over the top and drizzle with honey. Sprinkle with thyme leaves and salt and pepper to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers