- 4 pita breads (7 in. wide)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and halved
- 9 firm-ripe fresh figs (about 12 oz. total; see note above)
- 6 ounces fresh chèvre (goat cheese)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- Salt and cracked black pepper
- calories 214
- caloriesfromfat 30 %
- protein 7.4 g
- fat 7.1 g
- satfat 3.5 g
- carbohydrate 33 g
- fiber 3.9 g
- sodium 249 mg
- cholesterol 9.8 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°. Lay pita breads on two 12- by 15-inch baking sheets and bake until lightly golden and slightly crisp at the edges, 6 to 8 minutes.
While breads are still warm, brush with olive oil and rub generously with the cut sides of the garlic clove.
Rinse and stem figs. Cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch-thick wedges. Distribute wedges over breads. Crumble goat cheese over the top and drizzle with honey. Sprinkle with thyme leaves and salt and pepper to taste.