- 1 1/4 cups chopped dried Mission figs (about 9 ounces)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped orange sections
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1/3 cup fresh orange juice (about 1 orange)
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 40 (1/2-inch-thick) slices French bread baguette, toasted (about 8 ounces)
- 1 1/4 cups (10 ounces) crumbled goat cheese
- 5 teaspoons finely chopped walnuts
How to Make It
Combine first 7 ingredients in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes or until figs are tender. Uncover and cook 5 minutes or until mixture thickens. Remove from heat; cool to room temperature.
Top each bread slice with 1 1/2 teaspoons fig mixture and 1 1/2 teaspoons goat cheese. Arrange bruschetta on a baking sheet; sprinkle evenly with walnuts. Broil 2 minutes or until nuts begin to brown. Serve warm.