OK - Now that I've tried several Fig Cake recipes, THIS IS OUR FAVORITE!!! This is exactly what you do with an abundance of Fig Preserves. LET THEM EAT CAKE!!!
You can make and freeze this tasty fig cake up to two weeks in advance and then add the glaze the day of the party.
Yield: Makes 16 servings
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped fresh figs or fig preserves
- 1 cup chopped pecans (optional), toasted
- Buttermilk Glaze
- Stir together first 7 ingredients; stir in egg, oil, and buttermilk, blending well. Stir in vanilla. Fold in figs and, if desired, pecans. Pour into a greased and floured 13- x 9-inch pan.
- Bake at 325° for 35 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Pierce top of cake several times with a wooden pick; drizzle Buttermilk Glaze over cake.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts