OK - Now that I've tried several Fig Cake recipes, THIS IS OUR FAVORITE!!! This is exactly what you do with an abundance of Fig Preserves. LET THEM EAT CAKE!!!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped fresh figs or fig preserves
- 1 cup chopped pecans (optional), toasted
- Buttermilk Glaze
- Stir together first 7 ingredients; stir in egg, oil, and buttermilk, blending well. Stir in vanilla. Fold in figs and, if desired, pecans. Pour into a greased and floured 13- x 9-inch pan.
- Bake at 325° for 35 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Pierce top of cake several times with a wooden pick; drizzle Buttermilk Glaze over cake.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note