Fig and Bourbon Compote
Hands-on Time 15 min.; Total Time 44 min. This versatile compote is perfect over roasted pork, cheesecake, or pound cake.
Yield: Makes 1 pt.
- 1 cup apple cider
- 2/3 cup bourbon
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 10 ounce dried Mission figlets (about 2 cups), halved
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1. Combine cider, bourbon, and brown sugar in a small saucepan. Stir in figlets, and let stand 10 minutes.
- 2. Bring figlet mixture to a simmer; cook 10 minutes or until figlets are soft. Transfer figlets to a medium bowl using a slotted spoon. Simmer liquid until thickened and reduced by half (about 4 minutes). Pour liquid over figlets. Serve warm, or store in refrigerator up to 1 week.
- 3. Beat cream at medium speed with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Add powdered sugar, beating until stiff peaks form. Serve over compote.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note