- 2 pounds fresh figs, stemmed and cut into fourths
- 2 pounds fresh raspberries
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 2 (3-inch) cinnamon sticks
- 1 (15-ounce) package refrigerated piecrusts
How to Make It
Combine half of figs, half of raspberries, and next 6 ingredients in a saucepan, and cook, stirring occasionally, over low heat 40 minutes or until fig mixture is thickened. Stir in remaining figs and raspberries, and remove from heat. Remove and discard cinnamon sticks.
Spoon half of fig mixture into a lightly greased 2-quart baking dish, reserving other half.
Roll each piecrust into a 12-inch circle. Cut 1 piecrust into 1-inch strips; set aside. Place remaining piecrust on top of fig mixture in baking dish.
Bake at 475° for 12 minutes.
Spoon remaining fig mixture over baked crust; arrange reserved strips in a lattice design over filling.
Bake 14 minutes or until golden.