If you're a fan of sweet-and-sour shrimp, you'll love this recipe. Serve with softened cream cheese and a crusty loaf of warm French bread for a short-order appetizer. Or stir in strips of sautéed bell pepper and onion and spoon over rice for a one-dish meal.
More From Southern Living
- 1 pound unpeeled, large raw shrimp (31/40 count)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup fig or apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons refrigerated horseradish
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1. Peel shrimp; devein, if desired.
- 2. Melt butter with oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add shrimp and garlic, and sauté 2 minutes. Increase heat to high; stir in fig preserves, horseradish, and mustard, and sauté 1 to 2 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink. Remove from heat, and serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note