These tasted wonderful. However, the presentation is rather bland and one that wouldn't be a first pick or go-to appetizer on a buffet table. (Hint, no picture with recipe). Next time I would top off the appetizer with some chopped roasted almonds or walnuts to add some texture and appeal.
Fig-and-Blue Cheese Bruschetta
This is one of Jill's most requested holiday recipes--and we can see why.
More From Southern Living
Broil: 4 Minutes
Bake: 10 Minutes
- 36 (1/4-inch-thick) French baguette slices
- 1 (3-oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup (2 oz.) crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup fig preserves or jam
- 1. Broil French baguette slices on a baking sheet 3 inches from heat 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until lightly toasted. Remove baking sheet, and reduce oven temperature to 350°.
- 2. Stir together cream cheese and blue cheese in a small bowl until well blended. Spread a heaping 1/2 tsp. cream cheese mixture onto each baguette slice; top each with a rounded 1/2 tsp. fig preserves.
- 3. Bake at 350° on middle rack for 8 to 10 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Braswell's Fig Preserves.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note