I made this soup two days after Thanksgiving and used the turkey broth I made the day before from the leftover turkey carcass. This soup is delicious. Normally I'll change or substitute something, but I didn't have to on this one because it's great the way it is. I will definitely make this again!
Fiesta Turkey Soup With Green Chile Biscuits
Give your taste buds a wake-up call by switching from sweet and savory holiday dishes to this zesty turkey soup.
More From Southern Living
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 cups chopped cooked turkey or chicken
- 1 (15-ounce) can chili beans
- 3 1/2 cups chicken or turkey broth
- 1 (11-ounce) can whole kernel corn with red and green peppers, drained
- 1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chiles
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Toppings: sour cream, shredded Mexican four-cheese blend
- Green Chile Biscuits
- Sauté onion in hot oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat 7 minutes or until tender. Add garlic, and sauté 1 minute. Stir in turkey and next 8 ingredients. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally; reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes. Serve with desired toppings and Green Chile Biscuits.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note