This was so good! We didn't change a thing, except that we forgot to add the avocado and everyone still gobbled it up. It was even better the next day!
Fiesta Rice Salad
Photo: Ryan Benyi
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 462
- Fat: 18g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 14g
- Carbohydrate: 72g
- Fiber: 17g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 1207mg
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (4 limes)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons roasted tomato salsa
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cold cooked brown rice
- 1 cup cooked fresh or thawed frozen corn kernels
- 2 15-oz. cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 cup small cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, stir together lime juice, oil, salsa, cumin and salt. In a large bowl, stir together rice and corn, breaking up any rice clumps.
- 2. Pour lime-juice mixture over rice mixture and stir well to coat. Add beans, bell pepper, tomatoes and scallions, and toss gently to combine.
- 3. Just before serving, pit, peel and dice avocado, and stir gently into salad. Sprinkle with cilantro, if desired, and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note