Here's my try at jambalaya. I don't like a heavy tomato-ey taste or appearance. This one has a lot of color!
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 cup(s) yellow onion chopped
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 1 yellow pepper chopped
- 1 cup(s) celery chopped
- 2 strip(s) thick sliced bacon cut in small pieces
- 1 pound(s) kielbasa sausage sliced thin
- 2 chicken breasts, grilled sliced thin
- 1 can(s) rotel tomatoes - mild include juice
- 2 tablespoon(s) chicken base
- 2 cup(s) uncle ben's original rice
- 3 cup(s) water
- 2 clove(s) garlic minced
- 1 bay leaf
- Place bacon and kielbasa in a dutch oven and cook until bacon is done. Add onion, peppers and celery cooking until tender. Add chicken, garlic, bay leaf, chicken base, chicken, ro-tel tomatoes, rice and water. Stir. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cover. Cook for 30 minutes or until rice is tender. Cook the last five minutes uncovered.
- Serve with fresh baked italian bread and butter. YUM!
This recipe is a personal recipe added by sammele and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note