This recipe is very good. I scaled the recipe back to make two. I used corning ware cereal bowls to shape the tortillas.
Fiesta Corn Tortilla Quiche
Savor the flavors of Mexico for breakfast wtih this Fiesta Corn Tortilla Quiche.
Yield: Serves 4
- 1 pound hot ground pork sausage
- 5 6-inch corn tortillas
- 1 4-oz. can chopped green chiles, drained
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 6 6 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup small-curd cottage cheese
- Brown sausage in a skillet over medium heat; drain.
- Meanwhile, arrange tortillas in a lightly greased 9" pie plate, overlapping on the bottom and extending 1/2 inch over the edge of plate.
- Spoon sausage, chiles and cheeses into tortilla-lined pie plate. In a bowl, beat together remaining ingredients.
- Pour egg mixture over sausage mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 375 degrees for 45 minutes, or until golden. Cut into wedges to serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note