My husband made these today for dinner and they are very good, will defiantly be something we make a lot!
Fiesta Chicken Tacos with Mango and Jicama Salad
Photo: Randy Mayor; Styling: Jan Gautro
Add fresh fruits and vegetables to spicy chicken tacos for an inspired Mexican meal.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 2 tacos)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 320
- Fat: 6.4g
- Saturated fat: 1.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Protein: 30.4g
- Carbohydrate: 36.1g
- Fiber: 5.8g
- Cholesterol: 66mg
- Iron: 2.2mg
- Sodium: 471mg
- Calcium: 129mg
- 3/4 cup (3-inch) julienne-cut peeled jicama
- 1/2 cup sliced peeled ripe mango
- 1/4 cup presliced red onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash of black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground chipotle chile pepper
- 1 cup presliced red bell pepper
- 1 cup presliced red onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 1 cup mixed salad greens
- 1. To prepare salad, combine first 8 ingredients.
- 2. To prepare tacos, heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken evenly with chili powder, cumin, and chipotle pepper. Add chicken mixture to pan; sauté 3 minutes. Remove from pan.
- 3. Heat remaining 1 teaspoon oil in pan. Add bell pepper and 1 cup onion; cook 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Return chicken mixture to pan; cook 2 minutes or until chicken is done. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- 4. Heat tortillas according to package directions. Arrange 2 tablespoons mixed greens, about 1/3 cup chicken mixture, and about 2 tablespoons salad in each tortilla; fold over.
Try this with a side of chipotle refritos.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes