You can substitute ground pork sausage in place of the kielbasa.
Yield: Makes 6 servings
More From Southern Living
- 1 pound kielbasa, sliced into 1/4-inch-thick slices*
- 1 medium-size red onion, diced
- 1 medium-size green bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium-size cabbage (about 2 1/2 pounds), chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Sauté kielbasa in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until browned. Remove sausage with a slotted spoon, and drain on paper towels, reserving drippings in skillet. Set aside.
- Sauté onion and bell pepper in hot drippings over medium-high heat 3 minutes. Stir in cabbage; cover and cook, stirring occasionally, 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in cooked sausage, tomatoes, salt, and pepper. Cook until thoroughly heated.
- *1 pound ground pork sausage may be substituted. Sauté vegetables in 2 tablespoons reserved drippings.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note