Fiesta Bean Salad
Community Recipe from
- 1 - 19 oz can(s) chick peas rinsed and drained
- 1 - 19 oz can(s) kidney beans rinced and drained
- 1 - 12 oz can(s) kernel corn drained
- 1 - 3 1/2 oz can(s) diced green chilies
- 2 peppers preferably 1 red and 1 green
- 4 green onions sliced
- 2 ripe tomatoes seeded and chipped (optional)
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped fresh coriander (optional)
- 3 tablespoon(s) red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoon(s) vegetable or olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon(s) dried leaf oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- In a large bowl, stir chick peas with beans, corn and drained chilies. Finely chop peppers. Stir into bean mixture with onions, tomatoes and coriander.
- Whisk remaining ingredients together. Taste and, if you wish, stir in an additional 1/2 teaspoon chili powder. Gently stir into salad. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate up to 2 days. Serve garnished with tortilla chips.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Heather3 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Fiesta Bean Salad Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Salads
More Recipes for Main Dishes