- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 4 cups cooked pinto beans, drained and mashed
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/3 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups peeled, diced cooking apples
- 2 cups chopped pecans or walnuts
- 2 cups raisins
- Sifted powdered sugar
How to Make It
Cream butter; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add pinto beans, beating well. Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, soda, salt, and spices; gradually add to bean mixture, beating well. Stir in vanilla.
Combine apples, pecans, and raisins; dredge in remaining 1/2 cup flour, and gently fold into batter.
Spoon batter into a greased and floured 10-inch Bundt pan. Bake at 375° for 50 to 55 minutes or until cake tests done. Cool in pan 10 minutes; remove from pan, and let cool completely. Sprinkle top of cake with powdered sugar.