We have a TON of cherry bombs in the garden, so this recipe was perfect! The filling was so good that I'm surprised it made it into the peppers (I kept snacking). I added 4 cloves of garlic to the zucchini for more flavor. Excellent!
Fiery Stuffed Cherry Pepper Appetizers
Photo: J. Savage Gibson; Styling: Trinda Gage
- 18 cherry peppers
- 1 large baking potato
- 1 cup diced zucchini (about 2 small)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cut tops from peppers, and remove seeds and membrane. Set tops aside.
- Cook peppers in boiling water to cover 1 minute, and drain. Plunge into ice water to stop the cooking process; drain and set aside.
- Peel potato, and cut into 1-inch pieces. Cook in boiling water to cover 20 minutes or until tender; drain and mash.
- Sauté zucchini and next 3 ingredients in hot oil 3 minutes. Add wine, and cook 2 minutes or until liquid is evaporated. Remove from heat.
- Stir together potato, zucchini mixture, 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, and next 3 ingredients. Spoon into peppers and place in a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Sprinkle evenly with remaining 1 tablespoon cheese, and replace pepper tops.
- Bake at 400° for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note