- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 2 teaspoons adobo sauce (from canned chipotle peppers)
- 1/2 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Saute onion and garlic in hot oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until tender. Add tomatoes and next 3 ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, covered, 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Process 1 cup tomato mixture in blender until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides; return to saucepan.
- Stir in corn and salt; cook 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Stir in cilantro and lime juice. Serve with blue corn chips.
- NOTE: Spice flavor increases when chilled overnight.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Fiery Salsa Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Appetizers, Dips/Spreads, Sauces/Condiments
- CONVENIENCE: Entertaining, Make-Ahead, Quick/Easy
- CUISINE: American, Southwest, Mexican
- MAIN INGREDIENT: Vegetables
- DIETARY CONSIDERATION: Meatless, Gluten-Free
- COOKING METHOD: Blender, Food Processor
- OCCASION: Summer, Cinco de Mayo, Super Bowl
- PUBLICATION: Southern Living