YUM! I used lean top sirloin steak instead of flank. Substituted Jalapeno for Habanero. Pefect! Clean, healthy, and most of all delicious. Added a few drops of Sriracha, just becuase I like Sriracha on just about everything. A great dish also for hosting a dinner event with vegetarian relatives because Tofu would work beautifully! So, M&N, c'mon over.
Fiery Beef and Rice Noodle Salad
Photo: Becky Luigart-Stayner; Styling: Leigh Ann Ross
Think salads aren't filling? Then you haven't tried this one packed with rice noodles, fresh vegetables, and tender steak.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 1/2 cups salad and about 1 tablespoon basil)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 197
- Fat: 4.3g
- Saturated fat: 1.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.2g
- Protein: 20g
- Carbohydrate: 20.2g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Cholesterol: 27mg
- Iron: 1.8mg
- Sodium: 545mg
- Calcium: 35mg
- 2 ounces uncooked rice stick noodles
- 12 ounces flank steak, trimmed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1/3 cup thinly vertically sliced red onion
- 1 cucumber, peeled, halved lengthwise, and thinly sliced
- 1/2 habanero pepper, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 12 basil leaves, torn
- 1. Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water; drain. Coarsely chop noodles.
- 2. While noodles cook, freeze steak 5 minutes. Remove from freezer; cut across grain into 1/8-inch-thick slices. Sprinkle with salt and black pepper.
- 3. Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Coat with cooking spray. Add beef; sauté 4 minutes.
- 4. Combine steak, noodles, lettuce, onion, cucumber, and habanero. Combine juice, sugar, and fish sauce; pour over noodle mixture, tossing gently. Sprinkle with basil.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes