Field Peas, Okra, and Corn Combo
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 large onion, halved and sliced
- 1/2 large green bell pepper, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen field peas with snaps, unthawed
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen sliced okra, unthawed
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen whole kernel corn, unthawed
- Hot cooked rice
- Garnishes: chopped tomato, sliced green onions
- Sauté first 4 ingredients in hot oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat 8 minutes or until onion is lightly browned. Add Worcestershire sauce and next 4 ingredients, and cook, stirring constantly, 3 minutes.
- Stir in broth and wine, and bring to a boil. Stir in field peas, and return to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 25 minutes.
- Stir in okra, corn, and, if needed, up to 1/2 cup water; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Serve over rice. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables