- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 large onion, halved and sliced
- 1/2 large green bell pepper, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen field peas with snaps, unthawed
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen sliced okra, unthawed
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen whole kernel corn, unthawed
- Hot cooked rice
- Garnishes: chopped tomato, sliced green onions
How to Make It
Sauté first 4 ingredients in hot oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat 8 minutes or until onion is lightly browned. Add Worcestershire sauce and next 4 ingredients, and cook, stirring constantly, 3 minutes.
Stir in broth and wine, and bring to a boil. Stir in field peas, and return to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 25 minutes.
Stir in okra, corn, and, if needed, up to 1/2 cup water; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Serve over rice. Garnish, if desired.