Field Pea Relish
Photo: Hector Sanchez; Stylist: Buffy Hargett
Perfect for anything fried, grilled, or fresh from the garden--it's just that good and easy, no special jars or canning required.
This recipe goes with Skillet Green Beans
Yield: Makes about 4 cups
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons minced Candied Jalapeños
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- 3 cups assorted cooked fresh field peas
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- Whisk together canola oil, lime juice, cilantro, minced Candied Jalapeños, garlic, and salt in a large bowl. Add field peas, onion, and bell pepper, tossing to coat. Cover and chill 12 hours, stirring occasionally.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note