Fideos with Chorizo and Chickpeas
From Food and Wine http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/fideos-with-chorizo-and-chickpeas
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/4 cup(s) olive oil
- 12 ounce(s) spaghetti broken into 1 inch pieces
- 5 ounce(s) Chorizo thinly sliced
- 1 small sweet onion (Vidalia) thinly sliced
- 1 can(s) chickpeas drained
- 1 cup(s) jarred marinated roasted red peppers drained and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup(s) dry white wine
- 1 cup(s) canned tomato sauce
- 1 quart(s) low sodium chicken broth
- Salt and Pepper
- 1/2 cup(s) sliced green olives
- 1/2 cup(s) crumbled cojita or farmers cheese (2 ounces)
- In a large, deep skillet, heat the 1/4 cup of olive oil. Add the broken spaghettini and cook over moderate heat, stirring frequently, until the pasta is golden, about 5 minutes. Transfer the pasta to a plate. Add the sliced chorizo and onion to the skillet and cook over moderately high heat, stirring occasionally, until the chorizo is browned and the onion is softened, about 7 minutes. Return the pasta to the skillet and stir in the chickpeas and sliced roasted peppers. Add the white wine and cook until evaporated, about 2 minutes.
- In a very large measuring cup or pitcher, combine the tomato sauce with the chicken broth and season the mixture lightly with salt and black pepper. Add the tomato-broth mixture to the pasta 1 cup at a time, stirring over moderate heat until it is almost completely absorbed before adding more. Once all of the chicken broth has been absorbed, cover the skillet and let it stand off the heat for 10 minutes. Stir in the green olives and Cotija cheese. Drizzle with olive oil and serve right away.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ftcollinsco and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Fideos with Chorizo and Chickpeas Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes