Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 4 slices bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces and crisp-cooked
- 3 ounces prosciutto, sliced 1/8-inch thick and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 egg yolk, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh parsley
- 1 9-ounce package refrigerated fettuccine
- Finely shredded Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Cracked black pepper (optional)
- 1.In a medium saucepan, cook onion in hot butter about 5 minutes or just until tender. Stir in bacon and prosciutto. Cook and stir for 3 minutes more. Carefully add white wine. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add whipping cream and milk. Bring to a gentle boil.
- 2.Gradually add 1 cup of the hot cream mixture to egg yolk, stirring constantly. Add egg yolk mixture to cream mixture in saucepan. Return to a gentle boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add the 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese and the parsley, stirring just until cheese melts.
- 3.Meanwhile, cook the fettuccine according to package directions; drain well. Transfer pasta to a large serving bowl. Pour sauce over hot pasta; toss to coat. If desired, sprinkle pasta with additional Parmesan cheese and cracked black pepper. Makes 4 servings.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by pmlisi1 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note