- 1 pound dried fettucine
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh parsley, for garnish, optional
- 1. Cook the fettucine in a pot of rapidly boiling salted water until al dente.
- 2. Drain in a colander, reserving 1/4 cup of the pasta cooking liquid.
- 3. While the pasta is cooking, melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- 4. Add shallots and saute until tender.
- 5. Add heavy cream and bring to a boil. Cook until sauce has reduced slightly, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- 6. Return the pasta to the pot it was cooked in, set over medium-high heat along with the reserved cooking liquid.
- 7. Add the butter-cream mixture and half of the Parmesan and toss to combine thoroughly.
- 8. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan and garnish with parsley, if desired. Serve immediately.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Lpettirossi and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note