The classic version of Fettuccine Alfredo is quick and easy to make, but it's loaded with fat and calories. In experimenting with healthier options, we discovered a delicious light alternative that combines a rich and creamy frozen pasta with fresh spring vegetables. Prepare and sauté the additional ingredients while the pasta is in the microwave, and this dish is ready for the table in less than 15 minutes. Here's the recipe:
- 3 (9.25-ounce) packages Stouffer's Lean Cuisine Fettuccini Alfredo
- 3 ounces prosciutto, chopped
- 1 (8-ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup baby green peas
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Garnishes: additional steamed asparagus and shredded Parmesan cheese
- Microwave Fettuccini Alfredo according to package directions. Sauté prosciutto and fresh mushrooms in hot oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 3 to 5 minutes or until the mushrooms are tender. Add wine, stirring to loosen particles from bottom of skillet. Add 1/2 pound fresh asparagus and baby green peas. Cook, stirring often, 3 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in the hot Fettuccini Alfredo and 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese. Garnish, if desired. Serve immediately.
- Note: 3 ounces baked ham and 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth may be substituted for the prosciutto and white wine.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note