Fettuccine with Wild Mushrooms
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 1/2 ounce(s) pancetta chopped
- 3 shallots sliced
- 2 teaspoon(s) fresh thyme or rosemary minced
- 1/2 to 3/4 lb wild mushrooms (chanterelles, shiitake, cremini) sliced
- kosher salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup(s) low-sodium chicken broth
- 6 ounce(s) dried fettuccine or 9oz fresh egg fettucine
- 1/2 cup(s) Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese grated
- fresh flat-leaf parsley for garnish
- In a large fry pan over medium-high heat, warm the olive oil. Add the pancetta and sauté until brown, about 2 minutes. Add the shallots and thyme and sauté until the shallots begin to brown, about 4 minutes. Add the mushrooms, season with salt and pepper and sauté until tender, about 5 minutes. Add the broth and simmer until syrupy, about 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot three-fourths full of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta, stir well and cook until just tender, about 8 minutes for dried pasta or 4 minutes for fresh.
- Drain the pasta and add to the mushroom mixture. Stir over medium heat until coated, then stir in the cheese. Taste and adjust the seasonings with salt and pepper. Divide the pasta between 2 warmed shallow bowls. Sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately. Serves 2.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Bippie and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Fettuccine with Wild Mushrooms Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes