Fettuccine with Spinach, Blue Cheese, and Prosciutto
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 430
- Calories from fat: 25%
- Protein: 21g
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated fat: 6.2g
- Carbohydrate: 59g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sodium: 705mg
- Cholesterol: 34mg
- 1 pound dried fettuccine
- 3 ounces thin-sliced prosciutto
- 1 1/4 cups (6 oz.) packed chunks blue cheese such as gorgonzola or Stilton
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 package (10 oz.; about 2 1/2 qt.) washed spinach leaves, rinsed and drained
- Fresh-ground pepper
- 1. In a 5- to 6-quart pan over high heat, bring 3 quarts water to a boil. Add fettuccine and stir often for 10 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, cut prosciutto into 1/4-inch-wide strips and rub with your fingers to separate pieces.
- 3. In a 10- to 12-inch frying pan over high heat, stir cheese and milk until cheese is melted and sauce is smooth, about 3 minutes. Add prosciutto, stir, and keep warm over low heat.
- 4. After pasta has cooked 10 minutes, add spinach to pan and push down to immerse in water. Continue to cook until pasta is tender to bite, about 2 minutes longer. Pour into a colander and drain well. Return pasta and spinach to pan; add sauce. Mix well, lifting with 2 forks. Serve in wide bowls; add pepper to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes