Fettuccine with Spicy Sausage and Cabbage Ribbons
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 see below, copied from website
- 1 pound green cabbage (1/2 medium head), cut into 1/2-inch-wide ribbons
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- Kosher salt
- 1 pound spicy Italian sausage—casings discarded, meat crumbled
- 2 cups Batali’s Essential Tomato Sauce or jarred tomato sauce
- 1 pound fettuccine
- Freshly grated Pecorino Romano cheese, for serving
- 1. In a large pot of salted boiling water, blanch the cabbage until just tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the cabbage to a colander. Cool the cabbage under running water and drain well.
- 2. In a large skillet, heat the oil until shimmering. Add the onion and a generous pinch of salt; cook over moderate heat, stirring, until softened, 7 minutes. Add the sausage and cook, stirring, until no pink remains, 7 minutes. Stir in the tomato sauce and cabbage. Cover and simmer over moderately low heat, stirring, until the cabbage is tender, 15 minutes.
- 3. Return the cabbage cooking water to a boil. Add the fettuccine and cook until just barely al dente. Drain the pasta, reserving 1/4 cup of the cooking water. Add the pasta and reserved cooking water to the cabbage sauce. Cook over moderate heat, tossing, until the pasta is coated and al dente, about 2 minutes. Transfer the pasta to shallow bowls, sprinkle cheese on top and serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ROBN4409 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note