Fettuccine With Sausage and Cabbage
To easily remove sausages from their casings, cut down the length of the links with a paring knife, remove the meat, and discard the casings. Recipe by Kate Merker, September 2010; from the Real Simple website: http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/fettuccine-sausage-cabbage-00000000044025/index.html.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 8 ounce(s) fettuccine (1/2 box)
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 3/4 pound(s) Italian sausage links, casings removed
- 1/2 small Savoy cabbage, thinly sliced (about 6 cups)
- 3 shallots, sliced
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 3/4 cup(s) low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup(s) chopped fresh chives
- 1. Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and return it to the pot.
- 2. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and cook, breaking it up with a spoon, until browned, 5 to 6 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
- 3. Wipe out the skillet and heat the remaining oil over medium heat.
- 4. Add the cabbage, shallots, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until beginning to soften, 5 to 6 minutes.
- 5. Add the chicken broth and simmer until the cabbage is tender, 3 to 4 minutes.
- 6. Add the cabbage mixture to the pasta, along with the sausage and chives, and toss to combine.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note