Fettuccine With Sausage and Cabbage
To easily remove sausages from their casings, cut down the length of the links with a paring knife, remove the meat, and discard the casings. Recipe by Kate Merker, September 2010; from the Real Simple website: http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/fettuccine-sausage-cabbage-00000000044025/index.html.
Yield: 4 servings
Community Recipe from
- 8 ounce(s) fettuccine (1/2 box)
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 3/4 pound(s) Italian sausage links, casings removed
- 1/2 small Savoy cabbage, thinly sliced (about 6 cups)
- 3 shallots, sliced
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 3/4 cup(s) low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup(s) chopped fresh chives
- 1. Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and return it to the pot.
- 2. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and cook, breaking it up with a spoon, until browned, 5 to 6 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
- 3. Wipe out the skillet and heat the remaining oil over medium heat.
- 4. Add the cabbage, shallots, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until beginning to soften, 5 to 6 minutes.
- 5. Add the chicken broth and simmer until the cabbage is tender, 3 to 4 minutes.
- 6. Add the cabbage mixture to the pasta, along with the sausage and chives, and toss to combine.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes