I made it to the recipe and it just did not wow us. We love pumpkin in sauces and love sage. It just did not have enough kick. Would not make again. We were disappointed because it seemed to have potential.
Fettuccine with Pumpkin Sauce
Serve with a quick fall salad: Combine 2 tablespoons olive oil, 2 teaspoons cider vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard, and 1/2 teaspoon honey in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add 3 cups chopped romaine lettuce, 1 sliced apple, and 2 tablespoons pumpkinseeds; toss.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 22 Minutes
- Calories: 341
- Fat: 10.1g
- Saturated fat: 5.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 15.8g
- Carbohydrate: 47.9g
- Fiber: 3.3g
- Cholesterol: 28mg
- Iron: 2.7mg
- Sodium: 557mg
- Calcium: 196mg
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 2 applewood-smoked bacon slices, chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh sage, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup canned unsalted pumpkin puree
- 2 ounces Parmesan cheese, grated (about 1/2 cup)
- 3/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain in a colander over a bowl, reserving 3/4 cup cooking liquid.
- 2. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add bacon; cook 4 minutes or until almost crisp, stirring occasionally. Add 1 tablespoon sage and garlic, and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in pumpkin puree, Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper. Add pasta, reserved 3/4 cup cooking liquid, and heavy cream; toss to coat. Cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon sage and parsley.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note