Liked it a lot. An easy put-together and a good combination of flavors. My bacon was frozen so I just cut a hunk off of all the strips, so I'm not sure if I used enough. Whatever the case may be, I will use a little bit more next time.
Fettuccine with Pumpkin Sauce
Serve with a quick fall salad: Combine 2 tablespoons olive oil, 2 teaspoons cider vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard, and 1/2 teaspoon honey in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add 3 cups chopped romaine lettuce, 1 sliced apple, and 2 tablespoons pumpkinseeds; toss.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 22 Minutes
- Calories: 341
- Fat: 10.1g
- Saturated fat: 5.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 15.8g
- Carbohydrate: 47.9g
- Fiber: 3.3g
- Cholesterol: 28mg
- Iron: 2.7mg
- Sodium: 557mg
- Calcium: 196mg
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 2 applewood-smoked bacon slices, chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh sage, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup canned unsalted pumpkin puree
- 2 ounces Parmesan cheese, grated (about 1/2 cup)
- 3/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain in a colander over a bowl, reserving 3/4 cup cooking liquid.
- 2. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add bacon; cook 4 minutes or until almost crisp, stirring occasionally. Add 1 tablespoon sage and garlic, and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in pumpkin puree, Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper. Add pasta, reserved 3/4 cup cooking liquid, and heavy cream; toss to coat. Cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon sage and parsley.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note