This is a wonderful dish that we will be making again. Often. The Portobello mushrooms give the dish a nice meaty texture and flavor. We made the recipe as written and it was perfect with salad and bread I suggest you increase the sauce by a third to one half, especially if you are serving the maximum number specified in the recipe. Any extra isn't likely to go to waste.
Fettuccine With Portobello-Alfredo Sauce
More From Southern Living
- 1 (12-ounce) package fettuccine
- 1 (6-ounce) package portobello mushrooms
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian flat-leaf parsley
- Garnish: Italian flat-leaf parsley sprigs
- Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Remove brown gills from undersides of mushroom caps using a spoon, and discard gills. Chop mushrooms.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat; add mushrooms and garlic, and sauté 5 to 6 minutes or until tender. Stir in cream and milk. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat, and simmer, whisking constantly, 10 minutes. Stir in cheese, pepper, and salt; stir constantly until cheese melts and mixture thickens. Stir in 2 tablespoons parsley. Serve over hot cooked pasta. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes