Fettuccine with Peas, Asparagus, and Pancetta
Prep time 40 minutes
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 12 ounce(s) fettuccine or penne
- 3 ounce(s) pancetta or bacon chopped
- 1 1/4 pound(s) asparagus trimmed, cut on diagonal into 1" pieces
- 2 cup(s) fresh green peans, blanched 1 minute, drained or frozen peas do not thaw
- 1 bunch(es) green onions, white and pale green parts separated from drk grn thinly sliced
- 2 clove(s) garlic pressed
- 1/2 cup(s) parmesan cheese finely grated; plus additional for serving
- 1/3 cup(s) heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoon(s) fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon(s) lemon peel finely grated
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh italian parsley chopped and divided
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh basil sliced and divided
- Cook pasta in pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite. Drain, reserving 1/2 C pasta liquid. Return pasta to pot.
- Meanwhile, cook pancetta in large nonstick skillet over medium heat until crisp. Using slotted spoon, transfer pancetta to paper towels to drain. Pour off all but 1 t drippings from skillet. Add asparagus to drippings in skillet; sauté 3 minutes. Add peas, white and pale green parts of green onions, and garlic; sauté until vegetables are just tender, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add vegetable mixture, 1/2 C pasta cooking liquid, dark green parts of onions, 1/2 C parmesan, cream, olive oil, lemon juice, lemon peel, half of parsley, and half of basil to pasta. Toss, adding more cooking liquid by tablespoonfuls if needed. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Transfer to large bowl. Sprinkle with pancetta, remaining parsley, and basil over. Serve, passing additional parmesan cheese.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by LauraSzejna and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note