I made this for Christmas eve dinner this year, and my family loved it. The white wine & shallot sauce was very nice, and went perfectly with champagne! I will definitely make this again. Also, as a bonus because I had the time, I now have a container of shrimp stock and a container of lobster stock in the freezer made from all of the shells ...
Fettuccine with Lobster and Shrimp in a Shallot and Wine Sauce
- 3 (8- to 10-ounce) lobster tails, steamed
- 6 cups water
- 1 1/2 pounds medium shrimp
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 4 large shallots, diced
- 1 1/2 cups dry white wine
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup minced Italian parsley
- 3 tablespoons minced arugula
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 16 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- Lemon slices
- Garnish: one steamed lobster
- Cut shell of lobster tail segments lengthwise on top and underside. Pry open tail segments; remove meat. Cut into bite-size pieces. Set aside.
- Bring 6 cups water to a boil; add shrimp, and cook 3 to 5 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink. Drain and rinse with cold water. Peel shrimp; devein, if desired. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat (do not brown). Add shallots; sauté until tender. Add wine, and cook over high heat 3 minutes. Stir in lemon juice; reduce heat, and simmer 1 minute. Remove from heat; stir in parsley and next 3 ingredients.
- Add lobster and shrimp to shallot mixture; cook over low heat until seafood is hot, stirring often.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Add hot cooked pasta to seafood mixture; toss well. Serve with lemon slices. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note