- 8 or 9 ounces fresh fettuccine
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh oregano, basil, lemon verbena, or thyme leaves (or a combination of two or three)
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- calories 345
- caloriesfromfat 42 %
- protein 8.9 g
- fat 16 g
- satfat 2.3 g
- carbohydrate 43 g
- fiber 2 g
- sodium 23 mg
- cholesterol 55 mg
How to Make It
In a 5- to 6-quart pan over high heat, bring 2 to 3 quarts water to a boil. Add fettuccine and boil, stirring occasionally to separate noodles, until barely tender to bite, 2 to 3 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a wide, shallow bowl, combine olive oil, chives, parsley, oregano, lemon peel, lemon juice, and pepper.
Drain pasta, reserving 1/3 cup cooking water. Pour hot pasta into bowl with herb mixture. Gently lift with two spoons to mix, adding salt to taste and as much of the reserved pasta cooking water to moisten as desired.