This is really good the orange works so well with the spinach. Great way to use chicken thights. Will make again.
Fettuccine with Chicken, Spinach, and Creamy Orange Sauce
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 1 pound in all), cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh-ground black pepper
- 10 ounce prewashed spinach
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1/4 cup canned low-sodium chicken broth or homemade stock
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 pound fettuccine
- 1. In a large nonstick frying pan, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over moderately high heat. Season the chicken with 1/4 teaspoon each of the salt and pepper. Sauté until just cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the pan.
- 2. Remove any tough stems from the spinach. In the same pan used for the chicken, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil over moderate heat. Add the garlic and mushrooms and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the spinach, let it wilt, and stir in 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Simmer for 2 minutes. Add the zest, orange juice, and chicken broth. Simmer for 2 minutes and then add the cream, the chicken, and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. Remove from the heat.
- 3. In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the fettuccine until just done, about 12 minutes. Drain the pasta and toss with the chicken and sauce.
- Wine Recommendation: A zippy white wine with good acidity will pair nicely with the spinach and orange flavors. Look for an Italian Arneis or a pinot grigio from the Collio region. Or, for something completely different, select a white Graves from France.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes