This is really good the orange works so well with the spinach. Great way to use chicken thights. Will make again.
Fettuccine with Chicken, Spinach, and Creamy Orange Sauce
Just one tablespoon of cream per person gives this fettuccine a luxurious taste and texture.
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 1 pound in all), cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh-ground black pepper
- 10 ounce prewashed spinach
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1/4 cup canned low-sodium chicken broth or homemade stock
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 pound fettuccine
- 1. In a large nonstick frying pan, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over moderately high heat. Season the chicken with 1/4 teaspoon each of the salt and pepper. Sauté until just cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the pan.
- 2. Remove any tough stems from the spinach. In the same pan used for the chicken, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil over moderate heat. Add the garlic and mushrooms and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the spinach, let it wilt, and stir in 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Simmer for 2 minutes. Add the zest, orange juice, and chicken broth. Simmer for 2 minutes and then add the cream, the chicken, and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. Remove from the heat.
- 3. In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the fettuccine until just done, about 12 minutes. Drain the pasta and toss with the chicken and sauce.
- Wine Recommendation: A zippy white wine with good acidity will pair nicely with the spinach and orange flavors. Look for an Italian Arneis or a pinot grigio from the Collio region. Or, for something completely different, select a white Graves from France.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This