I'm not sure if I made a mistake but the pasta was not good. I added almost an extra cup of milk/water to the recipe and it was still to thick too mix. I had to use a blender. Also the flavor was not very good. Looks like I am in the minority but I would not make this again.
Fettuccine with Butternut and Gorgonzola Sauce
This rich dish works well for a dinner party--simply add a tossed salad, bread, and wine. Gorgonzola is a creamy blue cheese that creates a luscious sauce. If you use another type of blue cheese, the sauce will still taste great but not be as creamy. To help cut prep time, look for pre-chopped butternut squash, which some large supermarkets stock in the produce section.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 429
- Calories from fat: 25%
- Fat: 11.9g
- Saturated fat: 6.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 17.6g
- Carbohydrate: 65.5g
- Fiber: 5.4g
- Cholesterol: 26mg
- Iron: 3mg
- Sodium: 723mg
- Calcium: 299mg
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cups vertically sliced onion
- 3 cups (1-inch) cubed peeled butternut squash (about 1 pound)
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups 1% low-fat milk, divided
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) crumbled Gorgonzola cheese, divided
- 8 cups hot cooked fettuccine (about 1 pound uncooked pasta)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, squash, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper; sauté 6 minutes or until the squash is almost tender. Add minced garlic; sauté 1 minute. Cover and set aside.
- Bring 2 cups milk to a boil in a saucepan. Combine the remaining 1 cup milk and flour, stirring well with a whisk; gradually add to boiling milk, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to medium, and cook 5 minutes or until slightly thick, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Add 1 cup cheese, and stir until smooth.
- Combine squash mixture, pasta, and cheese mixture in a large bowl. Sprinkle with remaining 1 teaspoon salt; toss well to combine. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup parsley, chopped walnuts, lemon rind, and the remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This