I was surprised at how good this came out. I made the fettuccine from scratch, and I did what allison said and doubled the garlic, and I added some nutritional yeast as a topping. All and all, it was very good, and very quick and easy to make.
Fettuccine with Artichokes and Beans
Photo: Anna Williams; Styling: Anna Last
More From Real Simple
Other: 10 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 534
- Calories from fat: 27%
- Protein: 17g
- Carbohydrate: 81g
- Sugars: 4g
- Fiber: 7g
- Fat: 16g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Sodium: 879mg
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- 3/4 pound fettuccine
- 1/4 cup plus 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 15.5-ounce can cannellini beans, rinsed
- 1 13.75-ounce can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 slice white bread, toasted
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Reserve 1/2 cup of the cooking water. Drain the pasta and return it to the pot.
Meanwhile, heat 1/4 cup of the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the beans, artichokes, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cook until heated through, 3 to 4 minutes.
Pulse the bread in a food processor until coarse crumbs form. Add the oregano and the remaining teaspoon of oil and pulse until just combined. Toss the pasta with the artichoke mixture and reserved pasta water. Sprinkle with the bread crumbs.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes