Delicious. We added some precooked shrimp in the last few minutes of cooking and was very yummy!
Photo: Laurey W. Glenn; Styling: Lisa Powell
More From Southern Living
- 1 (9-oz.) package refrigerated fettuccine*
- 2 carrots, cut into 1/4-inch pieces (about 1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 (8-oz.) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 (6-oz.) packages fresh baby spinach, thoroughly washed
- 1 (16-oz.) jar Alfredo sauce
- 1/4 cup grated Asiago or Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Garnishes: chopped fresh basil, grated Asiago or Parmesan cheese, carrot ribbons
- 1. Prepare fettuccine according to package directions.
- 2. Sauté carrots in hot oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in mushrooms, onion, and garlic, and sauté 3 to 4 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Add spinach, and cook 2 to 3 minutes or until wilted. Stir in Alfredo sauce, cheese, basil, and hot cooked pasta, stirring just until blended. Cook 1 to 2 minutes or just until thoroughly heated. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately. Garnish, if desired.
- *1/2 (16-oz.) package fettuccine may be substituted.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes