- 12 ounces fettuccine, gluten-free (we like Jovial brand) or regular
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 pkg. (about 20 oz.) cubed butternut squash
- 1/3 cup shelled pistachios
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Zest and juice of 1/2 lemon
- About 1 cup (2 oz.) finely shredded parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- About 1 cup loosely packed flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Salt and pepper
- calories 699
- caloriesfromfat 43 %
- protein 17 g
- fat 34 g
- satfat 6.5 g
- carbohydrate 86 g
- fiber 5.7 g
- sodium 308 mg
- cholesterol 12 mg
How to Make It
Cook pasta according to package instructions.
Meanwhile, heat 2 tbsp. oil in a nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook squash until golden brown and tender, 16 to 17 minutes total. Remove from heat.
Make pesto: Whirl pistachios, garlic, lemon zest, and 1 cup each cheese and parsley in a food processor until finely chopped. With motor running, drizzle in remaining 1/3 cup oil; blend until creamy, 15 to 20 seconds. Season with salt and pepper.
Drain pasta, reserving 1/2 cup pasta water. Transfer pasta to pan of squash. Add pesto and lemon juice and toss gently, adding a little reserved pasta water if needed. Serve topped with more parsley and cheese.
Make ahead: Pesto, up to 2 days, chilled.