Well I wish I could read properly when I used this recipe because I thought it said 12 tsp of crushed red pepper, not 1/2! I put 3 tsp in and decided it would hell to put anymore....It did come out very good, just very spicy, which would have been much better if I read the instructions correctly...very simple and tasty.
Fettuccine With Spicy Zucchini-Tomato Sauce
Jar marinara sauce keeps this simple Fettuccine With Spicy Zucchini-Tomato Sauce quick--it's done in 20 minutes. Crushed red pepper provides the spice.
More From Health
Total: 20 Minutes
- Calories: 539
- Fat: 7.2g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Protein: 19g
- Carbohydrate: 99g
- Fiber: 8g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 5mg
- Sodium: 538mg
- Calcium: 54mg
- 1 (1-pound) box fettuccine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 (16-ounce) jar marinara sauce
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions in salted water; reserve 1/4 cup pasta water. Drain pasta and return to pot.
- 2. While pasta cooks, heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add zucchini; cook, tossing occasionally, until browned and crisp-tender (5-8 minutes). Add crushed red pepper, marinara, and reserved pasta water; simmer, partially covered, until pasta sauce is thick (about 5 minutes). Toss pasta with sauce and divide among 4 bowls.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes
Food & Wine