Fettuccine with Chicken and Squash
Photo: Antonis Achilleos; Styling: Gerri Williams for James Reps
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 636
- Fat: 19g
- Saturated fat: 8g
- Protein: 35g
- Carbohydrate: 80g
- Fiber: 4g
- Cholesterol: 100mg
- Sodium: 459mg
- 4 cups peeled, chopped butternut squash
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 12 ounces fettuccine
- 2 cups skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken, cut into 1/2-inch pieces (about 9 oz.)
- 1 cup grated Parmesan, plus more for serving, optional
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish, optional
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°F. In a large bowl, toss squash with oil, sage and 1/2 tsp. salt. Spread evenly on a baking sheet; roast until soft, about 15 minutes, stirring once.
- 2. Whisk cream, broth and mustard in a large, heatproof bowl. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add fettuccine; cook until almost al dente, 10 minutes or as package label directs. About 2 minutes before pasta is finished, place bowl with cream mixture atop pot to warm it, stirring twice.
- 3. Once pasta is done, remove bowl from pot. Drain pasta, reserving 1/2 cup cooking water. Add pasta to cream mixture. Toss in chicken, Parmesan and squash. Add a bit of pasta water if mixture seems dry. Season with salt and pepper.
- 4. Sprinkle with parsley, and serve immediately. Pass extra Parmesan at the table.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note