- 4 cups peeled, chopped butternut squash
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 12 ounces fettuccine
- 2 cups skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken, cut into 1/2-inch pieces (about 9 oz.)
- 1 cup grated Parmesan, plus more for serving, optional
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish, optional
- calories 636
- fat 19 g
- satfat 8 g
- protein 35 g
- carbohydrate 80 g
- fiber 4 g
- cholesterol 100 mg
- sodium 459 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 450°F. In a large bowl, toss squash with oil, sage and 1/2 tsp. salt. Spread evenly on a baking sheet; roast until soft, about 15 minutes, stirring once.
Whisk cream, broth and mustard in a large, heatproof bowl. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add fettuccine; cook until almost al dente, 10 minutes or as package label directs. About 2 minutes before pasta is finished, place bowl with cream mixture atop pot to warm it, stirring twice.
Once pasta is done, remove bowl from pot. Drain pasta, reserving 1/2 cup cooking water. Add pasta to cream mixture. Toss in chicken, Parmesan and squash. Add a bit of pasta water if mixture seems dry. Season with salt and pepper.
Sprinkle with parsley, and serve immediately. Pass extra Parmesan at the table.