- 3 1/2 cups fat-skimmed chicken broth
- 2 cups low-fat (1%) milk
- 3/4 pound dried fettuccine
- 1 1/2 cups (10-oz. package) frozen petite peas
- 1 ounce thin-sliced prosciutto
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg or ground nutmeg
- Salt and pepper
- calories 619
- caloriesfromfat 22 %
- protein 36 g
- fat 15 g
- satfat 7.2 g
- carbohydrate 84 g
- fiber 6.7 g
- sodium 588 mg
- cholesterol 39 mg
How to Make It
In a 5- to 6-quart pan, combine broth, milk, and fettuccine (break fettuccine if necessary to fit into pan); cover and bring to a boil over high heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium-high and cook, uncovered, stirring often to separate noodles, for 5 minutes. Add peas and stir occasionally until pasta is tender to bite, 2 to 4 minutes longer.
Meanwhile, separate prosciutto slices and cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-wide strips.
In a small bowl, mix cornstarch with 2 tablespoons water until smooth. Add to pasta mixture and stir until it boils and thickens. Add sour cream, parmesan cheese, nutmeg, and salt and pepper to taste; stir until well blended and heated through, about 1 minute. Stir in prosciutto. Spoon onto plates.