Fettuccine Alfredo with Peas and Carrots
Traditional fettuccine Alfredo is served plain with only a creamy cheese sauce, but we added peas and carrots to this version for extra color, texture, and flavor.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 308
- Calories from fat: 19%
- Fat: 6.4g
- Saturated fat: 3.6g
- Protein: 15.5g
- Carbohydrate: 47.9g
- Fiber: 4.5g
- Cholesterol: 17mg
- Iron: 2.4mg
- Sodium: 503mg
- Calcium: 262mg
- 12 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 cups diagonally sliced carrot (about 5 medium)
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup chopped green onions (about 8)
- 2 cups frozen green peas, thawed
- 2 cups fat-free half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain and place in a large bowl.
- 2. While pasta cooks, melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add carrot, and sauté 1 minute. Add broth, and bring to a simmer; cover and cook 5 minutes. Add green onions; cover and simmer 2 minutes. Uncover and simmer 4 minutes or until almost all liquid is absorbed. Add peas; cook 2 minutes. Remove from heat; add to pasta.
- 3. Combine half-and-half and cornstarch in a small saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring with a whisk. Bring to a simmer, and cook 2 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; add garlic and next 3 ingredients, stirring until cheese melts. Pour over pasta and vegetables; toss to combine.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This