Kinda bland. Good recipe to start with minus all the fat of typical alfredos. I didn't have any onion, so I substituted 2 cloves of garlic. Add the Parmesan when it's on the plates rather than the dish.
Fettuccine Alfredo Light
Yield: 4 Servings
Cost per Serving: $1.23
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 438
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated fat: 6g
- Protein: 20g
- Carbohydrate: 68g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 73mg
- Sodium: 523mg
- 1 (12 oz.) box spinach
- 1 3/4 cups 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese, plus additional for serving
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- Boil a large pot of salted water. Add pasta and cook according to package directions, stirring occasionally, until al dente.
- While pasta cooks, make the sauce: In a bowl, stir together milk, cornstarch and flour. Melt butter in a large, nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, until softened and golden, about 6 minutes. Stir milk mixture again, then add to onion in pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until sauce is thick and creamy, about 4 minutes.
- Drain pasta and add to sauce, tossing well. Sprinkle with cheese and toss again. Divide among 4 plates, sprinkle with parsley and more cheese, then serve warm.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes